Amy Hoffner Poirier, President
Dottie Hoy, Vice President
Joe Morris, Treasurer
Carol Schmitz-Corken, Secretary
Our MissionBread Riot cultivates a thriving local economy by facilitating a supply of locally produced food, utilizing sustainable farming practices and focusing on whole-life issues, education, and environmental concern.
- We support local and sustainable agriculture.
- We respect the environment.
- We strive to reduce the impact of our lifestyles on the world we share with other species and future generations.
- We prefer to work with local, earth-friendly producers.
- We believe that every individual can make a tangible difference in the world by choosing their foods wisely – supporting local and sustainably-minded producers, and supporting vulnerable farmers.
- We strive to make the Bread Riot welcoming and accessible to all and to respect the opinions, needs and concerns of every member.
Many thanks to DogPAWS and all the chefs, farmers and volunteers who contributed to Sunday’s “Burger Bash.” In an event very similar to the “Meat” […]
There was a great group of folks at the Ken Cook talk at the Catawba Center for the Environment. Many thanks to John Wear and […]
http://salisburyfarmersmarket.com/ http://www.icontact-archive.com/wIoS_83LaSBHEVqfTS8fMiSp0It6ZV41?w=3 Salisbury Farmers’ Market Eat fresh. Eat local. April 12, 2015 Farmers’ Market Update New vendors galore! You may have seen the exciting news […]