Amy Hoffner Poirier, President
Dottie Hoy, Vice President
Joe Morris, Treasurer
Carol Schmitz-Corken, Secretary
Our MissionBread Riot cultivates a thriving local economy by facilitating a supply of locally produced food, utilizing sustainable farming practices and focusing on whole-life issues, education, and environmental concern.
- We support local and sustainable agriculture.
- We respect the environment.
- We strive to reduce the impact of our lifestyles on the world we share with other species and future generations.
- We prefer to work with local, earth-friendly producers.
- We believe that every individual can make a tangible difference in the world by choosing their foods wisely – supporting local and sustainably-minded producers, and supporting vulnerable farmers.
- We strive to make the Bread Riot welcoming and accessible to all and to respect the opinions, needs and concerns of every member.
Bread Riot board member Carol Schmitz Corken is a teacher at Hanford-Dole Elementary School off of Bringle Ferry Rd near East Spencer. In Spring 2016, about 86% […]
With farmers’ market board member Paula Herion at UpsideDown Farms helping us get the ball rolling, we’ve hosted some really fun produce tastings this summer. At […]
Local Farmers Support Veterans Thanks to the vendors that have participated in Share the Harvest so far! In our first week running the program, 200 […]